Tea Shop Awards Terms and Conditions
SUMMARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
UK 18+. No purchase necessary. Go to www.clipper-teas.com/tea-shop-awards by 23:59 on 11th August 2017 and enter your tea shop or café nominee to win the Clipper Tea Shop Award. Stage 1 Prizes, each category winner will recieve: 1 x Clipper clock, 1 x window sticker and 1 x A-Board. Stage 2 prizes: 6x Clipper Teapots, 1x Clipper trophy, 1x £2,000 cash and a selection of Clipper Goodies to be presented by Kirstie Allsopp. For full T&C’s visit website.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over who own, manage or are an employee of a tea shop or café that serves Clipper Tea and who has received permission to apply for the award on behalf of a manager/owner, excluding employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
2. Only Tea Shops and café’s are eligible to enter – these include:
– a café/Tea Shop/tearoom which specialises in serving light meals and snacks; and
– excludes hotels and restaurants.
3. Promotion Period:
a. Entry Period (Stage 1): Enter between 00.01 BST on 2nd June 2017 and 23.59 BST on 11th August 2017.
b. Voting Period (Stage 2): Vote between 00.01 BST on 25th September 2017 and 23.59 BST on 9th October 2017 . All votes received during the Voting Period will be entered into a prize draw.
4. No purchase necessary. Internet access and a valid email address are required.
6. Further entry Details: The tea shop or café must have –
a. Toilet facilities
b. Up-to-date/valid Food Standard/hygiene certificate
c. Licence to trade
d. Stock Clipper Tea
7. All entries must be received by the end of the Entry Period. Any entries received after this date will not be accepted and are ineligible to win.
8. Maximum one entry per tea shop/café per category is permitted during the Entry Period.
9. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
10. By entering into the Promotion, entrants will also be giving their permission to have their Tea Shop featured in Clipper’s best Tea Shop Guide on the Clipper website which features Clipper’s pick of ‘best’ Tea Shops. Tea Shops can request to be removed from this at any point and Clipper reserve the right to remove any Tea Shop from the list at any given time.
11. The Prizes: There will be six Stage 1 ‘Category’ winners, one Stage 2 ‘Overall Clipper Tea Shop Award’ winner and one Voting winner.
a. Stage 1 Prizes:
i. 1x Clipper Clock
ii. 1x Clipper Window Sticker
iii. 1x Clipper A-Board
iv. 1x PR/Welcome pack to help win the overall Clipper Tea Shop Award – this pack will contain POS materials and advice about how to best canvas for public votes.
b. Stage 2 Overall Clipper Tea Shop Award) Prizes:
i. 6x Clipper Teapots
ii. 1x Clipper trophy awarded by Kirstie Allsopp at the winner’s tea shop/café.
iii. 1x £2,000 cash, paid into the winner bank account by Bacs
iv. A selection of clipper goodies
c. Voter Prize:
i. 1x trip for the winner and a friend at the ‘Overall Clipper Tea Shop Award’ winning tea shop with the presence of Kirstie Allsopp if available. The winner and their friend will be able to claim up to £300 between them (£150 per person) for travel expenses/overnight accommodation only with proof of receipts.
12. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery of physical Prizes from the date of winner acceptance.
13. Winner Selection:
a. Stage 1: All valid entries (subject to moderation) will be judged by employees of Mad River and/or Clipper, within 28 working days of the end of the Entry Period. MR/Clipper will shortlist the entries from each category. This will then be passed to PromoVeritas to select 3 finalists from each category which Clipper/Mad River will pick a winner from for each category. Clipper/MR reserve the right to do spot check/visits of all of the final shortlisted category winners. Clipper reserve the right to consider entrants for categories they did not initially enter into if they feel they would be best placed in another category. Clipper will check with entrants that they are happy to be considered for another category. Each category will have its own criteria, see categories below:
Quirkiest Tea Shop Award
• Unique interior
• Serving style
• Type of crockery
• Imaginative shop name
Cosiest Tea Shop Award
• How comfortable the furniture is
• Cosines of interior design
• Relaxed ambience
Coastal Tea Shop Award
• View of sea/location near sea
• Presence of coastal theme in décor
• Coastal reflection in menu
Traditional Tea Shop Award
• Traditional style of service
• Traditional types of crockery
• Traditional ‘British’ décor and interior design
• Traditional food or drink offer
Contemporary Tea Shop Award
• Modern exterior and interior design
• Contemporary approach to service
• Contemporary approach to décor and crockery
Best Afternoon Tea Shop Award
• Variety of sandwiches, scones and cakes available to accompany Clipper Tea
• Originality of presentation
• Quality of both food and presentation
• Overall experience
Overall Clipper Tea Shop Award
• Defined by public vote
b. Stage 2 Voting Period: 00.01 BST on 25th September 2017 and 23.59 BST on 9th October 2017): The 6 winners (one from each category) will be listed on https://www.facebook.com/ClipperTeas and www.clipper-teas.com/tea-shop-awards where the public will be able to vote for a tea shop/café in the categories listed above. Maximum of one vote per person. The Promoter reserves the right to discount any votes suspected as being made in bulk.
c. Voter Winner Selection: At the end of the Voting Period, all votes will be entered into a prize draw to be conducted by an independent party. The draw will take place withing 5 working days of the close of the Voting Period.
14. Winner Notification:
a. Stage 1 (Category Winners): The category winners will be contacted via the email address provided upon entry within 3 working days of judging and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 3 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 3 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to the next placed entrant.
b. Stage 2 (Overall Award): The winner will be contacted via the email address provided upon entry within 3 working days after the end of the Voting Period- by 15th October 2017 and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 3 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 3 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to the next placed entrant. The notified winners must not disclose they are the preliminary winner until Clipper formally announces the winner via social media/the Clipper Website. Failure to do so may result in reallocating the winner. The Overall winner must be available to be presented with their prize by Kirstie Allsopp during Oct 2017. If the winner is unavailable, Clipper will make reasonable attempts to reschedule but cannot guarantee the availability of Kirstie Allsopp. Press and a photographer will be at the prize presenting.
c. Voter Winner: The winner will be contacted via the email address provided when voting within 5 working days after the end of the Voting Period and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 3 days of initial contact. In the event a winner does not respond to communications within the 3 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to the next placed entrant.
15. The winner of the Clipper Tea Shop Award and winners of each category must serve Clipper tea for at least 6 months after they have recieved their award. If this is breached, Clipper reserve the right to remove any POS/prizes which advocate association with Clipper. Clipper also reserve the right to remove any POS that advocate their association with Clipper if they no longer feel the Tea Shop they have awarded acts as a positive brand ambassador for the Clipper brand.
16. Moderation: Entries will be rejected if they:
a. contain defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content including sexist or racist language or imagery;
b. include the names, likenesses, photographs or similar of any individual without their express permission;
c. contain immoral or obscene behaviour;
d. condone or encourage violent or anti-social behaviour;
e. cause offence on the ground of religion, gender, sexual orientation, nudity, disability or age;
f. refer to any brand other than the Promoter; or
g. represent a danger, health and safety fear or distress.
17. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries or votes deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions and the Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to or disqualify any entrant whose conduct may be unlawful or otherwise bring the Promotion into disrepute.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost, delayed, incorrectly submitted, illegible, corrupted, incomplete or misdirected entries or votes or for technical failures or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
20. By entering the Promotion entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the promotion. No correspondence will be entered into. The winners’ names and counties will be available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after 20th October 2017 and available for 4 weeks.
21. The winners agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter, provider or its agencies.
22. The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
23. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, illness or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
24. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any Prize awarded will be void.
25. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
27. The winners will be requested to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
28. If you are a winner of the Promotion, you agree that the Promoter may use your name and county of residence to announce the winners of this Promotion and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
29. By entering this Promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
30. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to this Promotion, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
31. This Promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
32. Contact for any queries is: email@example.com
The Promoter is Kallo Foods Limited, River View, 2 The Meadows Business Park, Station Approach, Camberley, Surrey, GU17 9AB, UK.