Win the Clipperettes Competition Terms & Conditions
Clipper Teas Win The Clipperettes Competition – Facebook and Instagram Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. The Clipper Teas #ClipperAndCake prize draw (the “Promotion”) is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland) and The Isle of Man [AB1] aged 18 and over. The Promotion excludes employees and their immediate families of the Promoter Clipper Teas, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the Promotion.
2. No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account is required.
3. The Promotion opens on 14th August 2017 at 00:01am BST and to enter participants must respond to the promotional post before Sunday 20th August 2017 at 11:59pm BST for the chance to win.
4. The sender of each post or comment meeting the requirements of these terms and conditions will be entered into the Promotion.[AB2]
5. To enter:
a. Log onto your Facebook account (or create one for free), and reply in the comments to @clipperteas’ promotional post detailing what your favourite cake and tea combination is, using the hashtag #ClipperAndCake.
b. Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free), reply in the comments to @clipperteas’ promotional post detailing what your favourite cake and tea combination is, using the hashtag #ClipperAndCake.
c. Log onto your Twitter account (or create one for free), reply to @clipperteas’ promotional post detailing what your favourite cake and tea combination is, using the hashtag #ClipperAndCake.
6. Further entry details:
a. Entrants must only submit images or videos that are their own work;
b. Entrants must not upload images or videos which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by the Promoter or any other entity; and
c. Entrants must obtain permission from anyone who appears in their image or video before entering.
7. Those entering via Twitter, must continue to follow @clipperteas after the end of the Promotion Period in order to be contacted if selected as a winner
8. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. Participants must abide by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram’s conditions of use. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments or videos via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram, or elsewhere, that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other entrants and followers of @clipperteas or are otherwise offensive or inappropriate will be disqualified from the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to any such behaviour and the participant may have his/her Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account frozen pending investigation.
9. By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their images or videos to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes from the date of entry. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the Promoter publishing these images or videos on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year from the date of entry but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
10. Only one entry per person via either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Multiple, bulk or third party entries will not be accepted. Only the first entry made by a participant will be accepted. Offensive or inappropriate posts will not be included within the draw. Entrants waive all moral rights. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are incomplete, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason.
11. Winner Selection: All entries that meet the entry criteria will be consolidated into a spreadsheet. Each valid entry will be randomly allocated a number between 0 and 1 by a formula. All valid entries will then be ordered in descending order and the top ten participants whose allocated numbers are closest to the number 1, will be shortlisted (the “Shortlist”).
12. Winner Notification: The Shortlist will be contacted via a direct message or in reply to their original entry on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (depending on the method of entry) by Wednesday 23rd August 2017 at 11:59pm BST. If the Promoter cannot contact the Shortlist via the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account provided at entry or if the Shortlist do not return necessary details within this timeframe, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw using an independently verified computer generated system. The Shortlist are required to confirm if they have an event planned, or are able to plan an event, that meets the following criteria:
a. Hosted in the UK ONLY, excluding Northern Ireland.
b. Has a minimum of 10 people attending.
c. Has a maximum of 50 people attending.
d. All attendees must be over 18 years old.
e. The event must be for a happy life event, celebration, or meeting. For example: birthday party, reunion, friends having fun together and catching up.
f. The event must coincide with a date that the Clipperettes have available.
g. The Event host and all attendees must be happy to have the Clipper Team attend the event, take photos and film footage of the event, which will be used across Clipper’s digital channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Website).
13. The Shortlist who meet the above criteria and respond within the given time frame will then be judged by Clipper Teas on the following criteria:
a. The level of creativity in the cake and tea pairing.
b. Whether the cake can be made.
14. . Clipper Teas will then pick two winners. If there are not two winners who meet the above specified criteria, Clipper reserve the right to pick another Shortlist..
15. After the two Winners have been chosen, the next twenty-five participants whose allocated numbers are closest to 1 will be selected as the runners up (the “Runners Up”). The Runners Up will be contacted via direct message or in reply to their original entry on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, (depending on the method of entry) by Friday 25th August 2017 at 11:59pm BST and are required to confirm their real full name, home address, a contact number by Monday 28th August 2017 at 11:59pm BST. If the Promoter cannot contact the Runners Up via the Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account provided at entry or if the Runners Up do not return necessary details within this timeframe, the Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw using an independently verified computer generated system.
16. The Prizes: There is one prize for each winner. Each prize is as follows:
a. The Clipperettes Afternoon Tea – consisting of 1 x 1.5 hour appearance of The Clipperettes (Clipper Teas own band), Clipper afternoon tea set up for up to 50 people, 10 x Clipper goodie bags for attendees of the event, and the cake detailed in their entry (the “Prize”).
b. There is no cash or alternative to the Prize. The Prize is subject to terms and conditions of use which the Winner by entering this promotion agrees to. The Prize is non-transferrable. The afternoon tea will cater to any allergies or dietary requirements if specified by the Winner prior to the event.
17. Runners Up will win a Clipper Teas goodie box consisting of a selection of Clipper Teas (“the Runners Up Prize”). There is no cash or alternative to the Runners Up Prize. The Runners Up Prize is subject to terms and conditions of use which the Runners Up, by entering the Promotion agree to. The Runners Up Prize is non-transferrable.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or postpone the competition and the Clipperettes Afternoon Tea (the Prize) due to unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter is not liable for any costs or for any compensation otherwise.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to offer alternative prizes, of equal or greater value, should the advertised prizes become unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
20. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of Runners Up prizes from the date of winner confirmation.
21. The Winners and Runners Up may be requested, at their option, to participate in related publicity accompanying or resulting from the Promotion without further recompense.
23. The name and counties of the Winners and Runners Up will be available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org [AB5] which will be available after Monday 28th August 2017 for 4 weeks.
24. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
25. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Facebook or Instagram shall not be liable for any loss, damage or liability caused by matters relating to this Promotion.
26. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or injury suffered by any entrant entering the Promotion or as a result of accepting or participating in any prize. Nothing shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
27. This Promotion is governed by English Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
28. Promoter: Kallo Foods Limited, River View, The Meadows Business Park, Station Approach, Blackwater, Camberley, Surrey, GU17 9AB.